Content Harry Potter / Buffy Crossover

Reviews

Z posted a comment on Thursday 4th November 2010 10:17am for The Snake and the Lion

quick pass with a beta-pen at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xXxgRgzhxS2BGIMVwkMS18lP8xmIU59L3of1DGvvOo0/edit?hl=en&authkey=CPG6v5IJ

Machelle posted a comment on Sunday 8th August 2010 7:19pm for The Snake and the Lion

Great re-do. Xander going to Hogwarts with the Golden Trio alone would have been interesting but add in Wednesday and the story takes becomes Great. I love the interactions of Xander with the Addamses, Golden Trio, Draco, the Kiddies and his family. These elements provide for a more well-balanced story with dimensional characters. I am eagerly looking forward to the next chapeter.

elquenodebesernombrado posted a comment on Sunday 1st August 2010 6:37pm for The Snake and the Lion

the new one surrenders it is expected with longings to see like Xander is developed in next year and like the one will grow with the money it can put pupils in its house and to get some protection for its friends in its house either an amulet or something to keep them sure. it can also claim the family vault in the future and to see that there is in her little I diminish the presence of Xander and Wednesday they are influencing all to the several characters.

Jimbocous posted a comment on Friday 9th July 2010 10:15pm for The Snake and the Lion

Great stuff so far. Nice charachterizations, and a decent job melding the various 'verses. More, the crowd cries, more! Seriously, thanks for a great read so far!

shawn151 posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 1:14am for The Snake and the Lion

Excellent story. A bit curious about how Willow is going to play her part in the story. You mentioned she's a witch as well, in the first chapter, and I'm certain your not gonna just leave it at that, though I could very well be wrong.

Also curious as to whether Buffy herself will make an appearance.

Anyway, this is most definitely the greatest of all Harry Potter/Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossovers I've ever read. I can hardly wait to see how the next chapter turns out.

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Saturday 22nd May 2010 7:40pm for The Snake and the Lion

A very well written and gentle reworking of HP canon.

Gullwhacker2 posted a comment on Saturday 22nd May 2010 8:24am for The Snake and the Lion

I, for one, am enjoying this fic. Kind of interesting to see the events from the outside, as it were. Also, I laughed far too much at Lockhart being forgotten.

Looking forward to more!

mfoto posted a comment on Thursday 20th May 2010 9:14pm for The Snake and the Lion

great chapter :D

joeBob posted a comment on Thursday 20th May 2010 2:21am for The Snake and the Lion

Entertaining; thanks.

}} "I think you intimidated Draco into a new pair of shorts."
:)


}} "dragging a badly beaten Gilderoy Lockhart by one leg"
:)

lastjuan posted a comment on Wednesday 19th May 2010 7:22pm for The Snake and the Lion

Hi Tenkawk:

This a very well written story. I had found it very captivating and addictive. The byplay between Hermione, Wednesday and Xander is juts fabulous. To me, I would have preferred if Willow was in Howgarts but...

In any case, I had found a minor grammar typo on this chapter:
[...] I believe that you’re great Aunt[...]

and should be:

[...] I believe that your great Aunt[...]

Greetings lastjuan

lexluthorthefirst posted a comment on Wednesday 19th May 2010 2:36pm for The Snake and the Lion

Hey,

I know all about Costa Rica... Good luck with whatever you're doing there. The story was very good so far, I really hope you keep it up. I can't wait to hear more about your "speakers" and to see what you do with year 4. Keep up the good work.

cmatbmed posted a comment on Wednesday 19th May 2010 10:16am for The Snake and the Lion

I have really enjoyed this. A fun crossover.
Thanks for writing.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 18th May 2010 4:47pm for The Snake and the Lion

These lines are some of the best snide comments in fanfiction.

"Two reasons," Xander said as the car did a loop the loop. "First, Harry’s the only guy missing who can make an entrance that big..."

The car missed its landing, then swerved left and careened into the whomping willow, which proceeded, well, whomp on it with a great deal of enthusiasm. Xander winced, "And two, only Ron could possibly screw it up that bad."


Excellent chapter; fine writing.

A St V

Cholera posted a comment on Tuesday 18th May 2010 1:49pm for The Snake and the Lion

Brilliant. It's very fun.

paintduckky posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 11:33pm for The Snake and the Lion

I loved the Doctor Who reference!

Actually, I just loved the entire thing(:

Kail posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 11:08pm for The Snake and the Lion

Now that I've managed to contain the hilarity resulting from realizing *Xander Harris* accidentally created Viagra...

...sweet chapter! Love the way you kept the characters separate from the majority of the action, as it should be at this point: with Hermione the only real point of contact outside the Gryffindors, Xander and Wednesday being aside to most of the critical HP canon moments makes perfect sense.

Granted, Third Year I'm thinking will likely have more fusion, and Fourth Year would probably clinch it. Assuming Xander and Wednesday are still going to Hoggy Hogwarts...

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 9:11pm for The Snake and the Lion

Well, well, WELL! A HP x BtVS x Addams Family 3 way! Can't say I've EVER seen (or imagined) one of these, but it is not only well done, it makes a verrrry creepy kind of sense! I get a feeling you might have read two good, but unfinished, Addams Family x HP crossovers on this site, but any borrowing is insignificant, and certainly NOT plageristic.

I think you have nailed Wednesday Addams perfectly in character.

I can't imagine that Xander hasn't though to check in with Gingrotts on EITHER side of the Atlantic and ask about his families' vaults that must be waiting. Maybe THAT should happen this summer at G of America?

Apocalypse Thou posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 4:17pm for The Snake and the Lion

This is a good story, bordering on great. There were several parts in this chapter that I laughed out loud at and the entire thing was an interesting read. I enjoyed reading the Sorting scene from another POV. The very long chapters are also great.

The one problem I have is regarding Harry, and I really hope you have a plan on how to improve that part of the story. I know you've said that he'll eventually have a much larger part in this story, but just now, Harry hasn't only pretty much followed canon exactly, but he appears to be a lot worse than he was in the books. Xander is all but a prodigy, where as Harry, who's meant to be the main force in the Potter stories, couldn't cast a stupefy until almost three years after Xander managed it. Also, without Hermione being so close to Harry, he appears to be stupider than in canon.

That's my rant done. I will say again that I genuinely enjoy this story and was quite excited to see you update it. I look forward to Chapter 3.

CA