Content Harry Potter / Buffy Crossover

Reviews

joeBob posted a comment on Saturday 10th April 2010 7:22am for Through the Looking Glass

Well that was an enjoyable and interesting tale, thanks.

Loved the reaction to "Addams". Sure, it's in everybody's fics, but it still works.

Couple of "bigger" things bothered me:
(1) Hermione spent a lot of time and energy with the crossover characters. Time and energy that was crucial to canon plot-points; yet those canon events magically occurred anyway.

(2) No dog can just be "played with" once every few weeks and then magically stay inert in between time. A puppy would be an unignorable disruption to any dormitory. *This* puppy should have matured into a major force.

This:
}} Oddly the pup had barely grown in the nearly ten months ...

Came too little, too late. Any readers, who know about canines, had already assumed that you'd made a classic writing error -- when what should have been a 5-foot 130-pound beastie was conveniently (for the author) missing from several scenes where he would be hard to ignore. Hell, even a "pup" would have made a bigger impact. Puppies are a handful, loud and inquisitive. Raising them decently requires effort and commitment.


~~~~~
There were several smaller errors, some amusing:
An amusing one:
}} "Sulfur and brimstone. The students here do good work."
Brimstone is just another name for Sulfur.

Another amusing one:
}} fireplaces providing head

A repeated one:
}} "roles" is not "rolls".

A repeated canon one:
Neville had a *toad*, not a frog. Also, several toads and a few frogs can and do eat birds. A large magical toad (like shown in the HP movies) would eat that raven, not the other way around.


~~~~~
Anywho, the editor in me flags errors by habit, sorry. The story was good despite the piddly annoyances.

liquidfyre posted a comment on Friday 9th April 2010 6:55pm for Through the Looking Glass

Very interesting and well written. Any idea when you will be posting more?

Vongsawat posted a comment on Friday 9th April 2010 5:37pm for Through the Looking Glass

well, I'm not an avid reader of Buffy (and I dont watch the series) but I'm really glad theres another Addams crossover ^^ I just tend to lump Xander as an OCC plus the goofy smile he seems to have on all the time which is the only thing I remember from the series =p
Love the fic, was a bit unsure at the beginning when I found out it was partly a BTVS crossover, plus the fact that your A|N made it sound like this was going to be a boring insert fic of some sort, the fact that Willow and Wednesday being part of the fic having me take a double take =p really well written though, and nice long chapters ^^ you'll fit right in here at fanficauthors =p hope you update more soon

nomad062 posted a comment on Friday 9th April 2010 12:06pm for Through the Looking Glass

I love this story. I've read it to current on your board and it is without a doubt one of my favorite fan fictions. Personally I would be quite happy to see it remain focused on Xander's life without it drifting into Harry's except as the two of them interact. Kudos however you go!

cliviussum posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 6:59am for Through the Looking Glass

I must admit that I was a little apprehensive when I read your blurb for this story; I wasn't sure just how characters from an American Vampire hunting series would meld together with the HP universe. Especially when the Addams family was used as a catalyst. However, I find that it makes for very interesting reading; it is a pleasant change from the usual HP stuff seeing all of the aggravation from a third-party viewpoint. Your Scholastic Grimoire is a masterpiece and - if one thinks about it - a logical answer to the problem of the marauders as seen from their victims - or at least the victims' champions.
I liked the interaction with Addams family and the way Narcissa feels about Lucius' effect on Draco. Her observation regarding Draco's character was very enlightening as was 'Xander's revelations regarding the attitudes of the way the houses are seen at Hogwarts.
So now that 'Xander and Wednesday have returned to the US, will they return to Hogwarts or attend Salem...? Presumably you have either option covered and no doubt your story will be the richer as a result.
I will watch out for Book Two.
Tibi grates ago fabellae, ave atque vale, Clivius

Zaz posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 3:18am for Through the Looking Glass

Tenhawk?!? Awesome!!
*dances a little dance*

Orion posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 1:28am for Through the Looking Glass

Great! I've been following this as you post chapters on your group since day one, but don't think that I've re-read this until now.

Thanks for writing, and thanks for sharing with us.

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Thursday 8th April 2010 12:20am for Through the Looking Glass

I like. This will be fun to watch.

haylared posted a comment on Wednesday 7th April 2010 11:35pm for Through the Looking Glass

Yay! A wonderful new author with creativity and a real sense of plot. I really enjoy your work, and look forward to reading more.

fx posted a comment on Wednesday 7th April 2010 10:30pm for Through the Looking Glass

Nice to see you here. Welcome!

Stroth posted a comment on Wednesday 7th April 2010 10:03pm for Through the Looking Glass

Huzzah! A wonderful author and a wonderful story added to this grand site.