Content Harry Potter / Buffy Crossover

Reviews

paintduckky posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 11:33pm

I loved the Doctor Who reference!

Actually, I just loved the entire thing(:

Kail posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 11:08pm

Now that I've managed to contain the hilarity resulting from realizing *Xander Harris* accidentally created Viagra...

...sweet chapter! Love the way you kept the characters separate from the majority of the action, as it should be at this point: with Hermione the only real point of contact outside the Gryffindors, Xander and Wednesday being aside to most of the critical HP canon moments makes perfect sense.

Granted, Third Year I'm thinking will likely have more fusion, and Fourth Year would probably clinch it. Assuming Xander and Wednesday are still going to Hoggy Hogwarts...

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 9:11pm

Well, well, WELL! A HP x BtVS x Addams Family 3 way! Can't say I've EVER seen (or imagined) one of these, but it is not only well done, it makes a verrrry creepy kind of sense! I get a feeling you might have read two good, but unfinished, Addams Family x HP crossovers on this site, but any borrowing is insignificant, and certainly NOT plageristic.

I think you have nailed Wednesday Addams perfectly in character.

I can't imagine that Xander hasn't though to check in with Gingrotts on EITHER side of the Atlantic and ask about his families' vaults that must be waiting. Maybe THAT should happen this summer at G of America?

Apocalypse Thou posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 4:17pm

This is a good story, bordering on great. There were several parts in this chapter that I laughed out loud at and the entire thing was an interesting read. I enjoyed reading the Sorting scene from another POV. The very long chapters are also great.

The one problem I have is regarding Harry, and I really hope you have a plan on how to improve that part of the story. I know you've said that he'll eventually have a much larger part in this story, but just now, Harry hasn't only pretty much followed canon exactly, but he appears to be a lot worse than he was in the books. Xander is all but a prodigy, where as Harry, who's meant to be the main force in the Potter stories, couldn't cast a stupefy until almost three years after Xander managed it. Also, without Hermione being so close to Harry, he appears to be stupider than in canon.

That's my rant done. I will say again that I genuinely enjoy this story and was quite excited to see you update it. I look forward to Chapter 3.

CA

Sterling posted a comment on Saturday 8th May 2010 12:21pm

This is a pretty fun story. I enjoy a Hogwart's from Xander's viewpoint. I like how you placed him in Slytherin. Interesting choice and I like the reasoning behind it. I miss Wills though. You do a fine job writing Xander. I would really like to see your Willow.

I am not going to nitpick on grammar and whatnot to much. But I do want to mention two things. You spelled both Morticia and Stupefy incorrectly. Regular spelling mistakes don't bother me that much. We all make them. But when I see character names or canon specific words (like spells) misspelled it kind of makes me cringe a little.

Lillias posted a comment on Friday 7th May 2010 4:21pm

Bravo! Normally I don't like to read multiple crossover fics, but this was well thought out and well done. I especially appreciated how you remained true to each cross' tone, Xander's bravado and mischievousness, Wednesday's stoic calm, and how you made the housing scheme at Hogwarts seem just as ridiculous as I've always thought it. Very well done at pointing out all of the inconsistencies and having Xander attempt to make Draco, the pureblood's pureblood, see that his way of thinking is full of fallacies and pitfalls. I'm looking forward to seeing your story grow and change as the chapters go by, and I'm also looking forward to seeing how you're going to use Fenrir and Odin, if at all. To future chapters! Cheers, my friend, and keep on writing!

silvergoddess posted a comment on Thursday 6th May 2010 2:41pm

wow that was an amazing read, so much so that I'm attacking the other 78 chapters you have on your site. Goodness it's been forever and a half since I've thought of Buffy, and I actaully had to go and google the characters to see if I remembered them correctly. I'm so intrigued by the possibilities for this fanfic that it's slightly blowing my mind.
Love the portrayal of the Addams Family!

Dracolych69 posted a comment on Saturday 1st May 2010 7:18pm

I greatly enjoyed this offering. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Tonnocal posted a comment on Friday 30th April 2010 1:48am

cool. Love the multiple crossover - I wouldn't have put Xander into Slytherin before I read this, but now it seems to fit.

BrianHole posted a comment on Thursday 29th April 2010 7:37pm

I really like Addams/Potter xover stuff, and this one is very cool with the addition of some BTVS. Hope to see more of it soon!

Mathew McCrillis posted a comment on Sunday 25th April 2010 12:11am

I rather liked this very much! Thank you for your fun story!

dg Fry posted a comment on Thursday 22nd April 2010 1:21pm

Excellent story. Very interesting to see Hogwarts from an intelligent Slytherin’s viewpoint. I hope that you continue with this.

gadriam posted a comment on Wednesday 21st April 2010 8:09pm

I cannot believe that you and this story eluded me for so long. Well, frankly i can. Normally, this type of story has a kind of inherent badness that most authors can't shake, but this was very different. From this more developed Xander, to the seemingly amoral Addamses and the rest of the Hogwarts phonebook just about everything feels real. The reasoning behind SnakeXander, Daphnes lecture, the teacher's conference. This story is engaging and it makes sense. Not many stories do.
Thanks!
g

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 14th April 2010 5:01am

I finally got to read the rest of this story. This is great. I really like it and I look forward to more. I love crossovers and this is one of the best. I really like Xander. He is perfect. He notices thing others don't and acts on them. He is a great foil for Wednesday. I love the way he is starting to read her suttle hints of her real feelings. The holiday with the Adamses was great. Thanks so much for adding to the Potterverse. I'll be watching for your updates. pms

Tanydwr posted a comment on Sunday 11th April 2010 1:33pm

Brilliant. I can't wait for future instalments. Xander's story worked very well around the canon adventures of Harry and co. and you can see elements that may become important later on - Xander's potential vault at Gringotts', the Potter family's status as 'knights', etc. (On a side note, the title of knight was usually one bestowed by a king, not hereditary. This being the wizarding world, that could be different of course. Also, on the off-chance you're interested, the oldest 'native' title in Britain is Earl - an Anglo-Saxon title. Nothing Celtic ever survived. Duke and Baron both came over with the French in 1066. Marquess and Viscount are younger still. Intriguingly, the word 'lord' is Anglo-Saxon...)

One observation - Alice Prewitt. Now I assume she's Neville's mother. But is she supposed to be related to Gideon and Fabian? In which case, the spelling is wrong, Gideon and Fabian were Prewett. And does that make Molly and her children related to Neville? Or is it just a case of similar surnames and the spelling is purposely different? (I did check the spelling in my copy of OotP. Yes, I'm that picky.)

Wednesday was a fascinating addition, and I loved the way she interacts with everyone. Xander's own reactions to the Addams family are great too.

Anyway, looking forward to more. Keep up the good work!

cmatbmed posted a comment on Saturday 10th April 2010 8:56am

Laying in bed last night with a little insomnia, this did the trick. I guess that could be interpenetrated the wrong way :-) I really liked it and await more.
Thanks

joeBob posted a comment on Saturday 10th April 2010 7:22am

Well that was an enjoyable and interesting tale, thanks.

Loved the reaction to "Addams". Sure, it's in everybody's fics, but it still works.

Couple of "bigger" things bothered me:
(1) Hermione spent a lot of time and energy with the crossover characters. Time and energy that was crucial to canon plot-points; yet those canon events magically occurred anyway.

(2) No dog can just be "played with" once every few weeks and then magically stay inert in between time. A puppy would be an unignorable disruption to any dormitory. *This* puppy should have matured into a major force.

This:
}} Oddly the pup had barely grown in the nearly ten months ...

Came too little, too late. Any readers, who know about canines, had already assumed that you'd made a classic writing error -- when what should have been a 5-foot 130-pound beastie was conveniently (for the author) missing from several scenes where he would be hard to ignore. Hell, even a "pup" would have made a bigger impact. Puppies are a handful, loud and inquisitive. Raising them decently requires effort and commitment.


~~~~~
There were several smaller errors, some amusing:
An amusing one:
}} "Sulfur and brimstone. The students here do good work."
Brimstone is just another name for Sulfur.

Another amusing one:
}} fireplaces providing head

A repeated one:
}} "roles" is not "rolls".

A repeated canon one:
Neville had a *toad*, not a frog. Also, several toads and a few frogs can and do eat birds. A large magical toad (like shown in the HP movies) would eat that raven, not the other way around.


~~~~~
Anywho, the editor in me flags errors by habit, sorry. The story was good despite the piddly annoyances.

liquidfyre posted a comment on Friday 9th April 2010 6:55pm

Very interesting and well written. Any idea when you will be posting more?

Vongsawat posted a comment on Friday 9th April 2010 5:37pm

well, I'm not an avid reader of Buffy (and I dont watch the series) but I'm really glad theres another Addams crossover ^^ I just tend to lump Xander as an OCC plus the goofy smile he seems to have on all the time which is the only thing I remember from the series =p
Love the fic, was a bit unsure at the beginning when I found out it was partly a BTVS crossover, plus the fact that your A|N made it sound like this was going to be a boring insert fic of some sort, the fact that Willow and Wednesday being part of the fic having me take a double take =p really well written though, and nice long chapters ^^ you'll fit right in here at fanficauthors =p hope you update more soon

nomad062 posted a comment on Friday 9th April 2010 12:06pm

I love this story. I've read it to current on your board and it is without a doubt one of my favorite fan fictions. Personally I would be quite happy to see it remain focused on Xander's life without it drifting into Harry's except as the two of them interact. Kudos however you go!